Friday, May 18, 2007

New City..New Job... New Life..



1. Bologna city
2. Square
3. Street artist
4. The bus station

Wow.. It has been a long time since my last post! At least a month and a half has passed.. I have this bad habit.. as you can see.. sometimes I write a lot, update my blog almost everyday.. then all of a sudden I dissapeared.. oh well, you can't blame me.. It has been a really hard time.

I'm no more in Brescia. But a city called Bologna. It's quite a famous city.. as who's been to an Italian restaurant have tried speghetti Bolognese which is known as ''tagliatella al ragu'' here. The pasta we use here is not speghetti but something flat and wider which can hold the minced meat... ummm... I'm getting a bit hungry talking about food..:P

Well, you must wonder why I'm here. After 2 years working for ABIP the tannery, my ex-company in Brescia as the director's assistant & foreign sales office.. dued to various reasons I'm done with them. 1st of all, they don't pay me well. I have an apprendice contract and that means I get only 75% of the full salary on the 1st 6 months and it increases 5% every 6 months.. which means that I will have be there for at least 2 years to reach the full salary.. If you follow the news, you must know what happened in France.. well, they were a bit esagerated and therefore such a choas was created. Here in Italy is.. let say more cunning.. The law allow company to propose this apprendice contract to all under 29! The advantage for these companies is that they pay less tax to the company... but there's nothing but disadvantage for us! Then, it's a family's company and therefore there'll be no opportunity for me whatsoever.. and Brescia is a really peaceful but no-happening industrial city. Too much as a cage for a young girl like me!

Today is my 4th day working with this new company called Sunrise. The boss is a Chinese women and a mean one as well. I'm glad that I'm now in Bologna but I feel cheated as well.. She applied all these rules in the office and it seems more like my high school than office! I'm used to have a portable phone at work, of which I can use to call whoever I want. I had no problem taking days off and I worked from 8.30 -17.00. Now not only that I don't have my own phone, I can't even use my own mobile at work!! And the working hour is 8.30 - 18.00. She doesn't even pay for transfer ( I got 33euro per day if I have to go somewhere else for work..) neither overtime!! All of us thought that she might be different than other Chinese and we were all wrong. We all realized that after the 1st day of work.. The only good thing is that all of the staff are supper dooper nice and we enjoy working together. Now that we are going to move to the new showroom.. rumours say that she's going to apply even stricter office's rule. And of course, when the day come, we are going to unite against here. We want overtime and transfer paid. 8 working hours a day like all other offices and not 8.30 hours. (This means that we lose at least 12 hours per month, that worth at least 100 euro as overtime! Bitch!!)

And when it comes to salary.. she's not giving me what she has promised... my rental costs me at least 400euro per month.. I hope I can survive..

Anyhow, I'm glad that i left my old job. At least I'm now working with clothing and not leather anymore. I like working with clients instead of being a production planner whom responsibility at work is actually keep pushing the suppliers for our orders... oh well... I'm sure I will find something else very very very soon.. just have to keep positive and work on it!!